Mingus In Europe, Vol. 2
Enja R2 79612
- Orange Was The Color Of Her Dress Then Blue Silk (17:00)
- Sophisticated Lady (3:44)
- AT-FW-YOU (5:09)
- Peggy's Blue Skylight (11:32)
- So Long Eric (22:51)
All compositions by Charles Mingus
- Eric Dolphy - alto sax, flute, bass clarinet
- Clifford Jordan - tenor sax
- Jaki Byard - piano
- Charles Mingus - bass
- Dannie Richmond - drums
- Date and location
- May 26, 1964, Wuppertal Townhall, Wuppertal, Germany
- Total time
- Reissue (year)
- 1, 2: Jazz Masterworks-Intermezzo CJZLP 10 ("Mingus & Duke", 1985, Italy, LP)
The cd number is not a typical Enja number, though I have several others
(a George Gruntz, a Ray Anderson, and a Barbara Dennerlein) with R2 numbers.
All have a statement somewhere on them saying they are distributed by Rhino.
Rhino uses R2 for all its releases - at least for the ones I have, including
the things from the Atlantic catalog (i.e. Changes One and Two).