Let My Children Hear Music
© 1992 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Columbia Legacy 471247 2
- The Shoes Of The Fisherman's Wife Are Some Jive Ass Slippers (9:34)
Transcribed, arranged, orchestrated and conducted by Sy Johnson.
- Adagio Ma Non Troppo (8:22)
Transcribed by Hug Miller. Orchestrated and conducted by Alan Raph.
- Don't Be Afraid, The Clown's Afraid Too (9:26)
Conducted by Teo Macero. Transcribed, arranged and orchestrated by Sy
- Taurus In The Arena Of Life (4:17)
Arranged, orchestrated and conducted by Sy Johnson.
- Hobo Ho (10:07)
Arranged by Charles Mingus and dictated to Bobby Jones. Conducted by Sy
- The Chill Of Death (7:38)
Orchestrated by Charles Mingus. Conducted by Alan Raph. Recitation by
- The I Of Hurricane Sue (10:09)
Scored by Charles Mingus, especially for this date, for small jazz
orchestra with ten piece traditional orchestral accompaniment. Large
band arrangement by Sy Johnson.
All compositions by Charles Mingus
- Lonnie Hillyer - trumpet
- Joe Wilder - trumpet
- Snooky Young - trumpet
- Jimmy Nottingham - trumpet
- Julius Watkins - French horn
- Bobby Jones - tenor sax
- James Moody - tenor sax
- Charles McCracken - cello
- Charles McPherson - alto sax
- Jerry Dodgion - alto sax
- Sir Roland Hanna - piano
- Jaki Byard - piano
- Jimmy Knepper - trombone
- Charles Mingus - bass
- Ron Carter - bass
- Richard Davis - bass
- Milt Hinton - bass
- Dannie Richmond - drums
- Date and location
- 1,7: September 23, 1971, New York City
- 5: September 30, 1971, New York City
- 3: October 1, 1971, New York City
- 4: September 23-November 18, 1971, New York City
- 6,2: November 18, 1971, New York City
- Total time
- Original issue (year)
- Columbia KC31069 and Columbia CK 44050 (USA)
in 1972 without 'Taurus In The Arena Of Life'
- Teo Macero
- Liner notes
- George Kanzler
Original liner notes included an article written by Charles Mingus,
which is not included with CD. However, it is available in More Than A Fake Book or on this site.
Catalog number 472349 2 is printed on the CD surface instead 471247